Black Screws

G. Beat gregory.beat at COMCAST.NET
Tue Sep 6 08:36:26 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles W. Morehouse" <w4gbw at BELLSOUTH.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] Black Screws

> Hi,
> Yes McMaster-Carr has them and also the hard to find, small, 6-32 nuts
> that Heathkit used.  These nuts are 1/4 across the flats instead of 5/16
> which are standard.  The online ordering system is fantastic and they are
> as fast as Mouser.  73.
> Wayne,
> W4GBW,

... for me McMaster-Carr has one advantage over Mouser - the "pick-up"
window for their Midwest distribution warehouse is less than 1 mile from the
QTH (that is both a blessing and a temptation).

BTW, the 6-32 of 1/4" width used in HeathKits that Wayne noted are "Small
Pattern Nuts"

      McMaster-Carr part number: 90730A007
            18-8 Stainless Steel Undersized Machine Screw Hex Nut 6-32 Screw
Size,
            1/4" Width, 3/32" Height
            In stock at $3.67 per Pack
            This item is only sold in Packs of 100