Unknown Heathkit Receiver

Scott Cowling scotty at TONKS.COM
Fri Sep 16 00:17:24 EDT 2005

Hi Dave,

If you look closely in the upper right corner of the dial glass, it says
"MODEL AR-1".

According to Penson in his "Guide to the Amateur Products", it first
appeared in Heath's 1949 Christmas flyer.

The gray cabinet that you have on your unit was an optional accessory.

The AR-1 was the precursor to the AR-2 and AR-3 receivers that were
produced until 1961.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI