Heath Ham radios

Mark V. Johnson mvjohn at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Sep 21 07:14:09 EDT 2005

The referenced "fix" still works for me. I had the rare pleasure of
finishing the contruction of a half built HW-101 a few weeks ago, and the
VFO, which was essentially New Old Stock, had the "wobbles". Applied the fix
with the copper braid and that was the end of that problem.  I'm not aware
of the success rate with conductive grease so I'd be interested in hearing
from The Team, if that works. My concerns with conductive grease is that 1)
the heat build up in the VFO/LMO may cause the grease to "run"...Lovely mess
that would be, and 2) it will attract and hold dirt. Again, I'd be
interested to hear from other who have tried it.

Mark V. Johnson VE3DJU/VE3DDI