Replacement for "O" rings.

Stu Lyon w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Apr 18 20:43:47 EDT 2006

I think the O-rings were used on the Driver tuning to solve a syncing
problem since none of the four driver pulleys had set screws but were
instead fixed to their shaft. The use of the O-ring on the Load
capacitor was just a bad mistake. The O-ring specified is too short
which causes high side loads on the loading capacitor. The next size up
slips and feels mushy.

The SB-400/1 always used dial cord on the load cap and the SB-102
returned to that scheme. It works well on both of them.

The dial  springs can be purchased at Lowe's and OSH (they have the same
display). Pick the smallest spring in the display which I think is 1/8
dia x 1.5 long. Dial cord can be some types of fishing line, dental
floss (scent optional) and on eBay. You don't want the type w/  a
"fibra-glass core".

73, Stu W6CUX