Basic Meter Theory

DavidGriffin davidgriffin at CISBEC.NET
Fri Aug 11 17:11:27 EDT 2006

Hi folks,
Can't remember my basic meter resistance theory.  Want to replace a meter that would normally read 5 ma with another meter of a different f.s.    Can someone please point me to a basic tutorial on the net in regards to this?  I seem to remember some years ago calculating and/or measuring meter resistance and using formulae to calculate resistors, etc.  But the mind is rapidly deteriorating.
Thanks,
Dave
n2chi