SA-2040 Routine Maintenance

kd4e kd4e at VERIZON.NET
Fri Aug 25 01:16:58 EDT 2006

I'd recommend a molybdenum-based lubricant.

It does not attract and hold dust and debris as
do most other products and will not cause arcing.

I have used DuPont Performance Dry from Lowes
or Home Depot or ACE or one of those places with
good results.  It uses both Teflon and molybdenum
so I am not certain it is as good as a molybdenum
only lubricant (which is very expensive and I could
only find in large lots when I was looking).

I am told it molybdenum is safe on almost every surface.
I originally got it to lubricate a noisy roller
inductor in a KW+ grade tuner.

HTH ...

--

Thanks! & 73,