Help needed ID-1590

Fran Olson w9uls at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 7 15:14:47 EST 2006

Help Needed                  December 07, 2006      Kit built_Nov 07, 1977

  I have a Heathkit model ID-1590 digital wind speed/direction indicator that I built back in 1977, and just recently it quit sending the wind speed. The wind direction section is just fine, I need someone who might know how or what to look for in getting it working again, Here is what I've checked so far.
  1. The 8 strand cable from transmitters to control cabinet or indoor unit. (OK)
  2. Looked inside for bad solder connections. (still looks good, and nothing loose)
  3. Tried testing by using the manual's test's. (failed the test) this I think might be the problem, but don't know if the parts are still be available.
  4. The readout tube digit on the right side is strong, but I can hardly see the left side digit.

  This might just be another heathkit to use the good old two pound sledge hammer on?

  Fran O. W9ULS Illinois
  w9ulsATyahooDOTcom