Heathkit HD-1250 Dipper. Currently $330.00!

kd4e kd4e at VERIZON.NET
Tue Dec 12 16:01:41 EST 2006

> I've been trying to acquire a Millen GDO for quite awhile even though
> they were out of business before I was born. In the end it's almost
> cheaper to buy an MFJ 259B. Usually there are plenty of Heath dippers on
> eBay for around 30 dollars, but it's unusual to find one with a complete
> set of coils. I haven't seen many that look like they are fit for use
> instead of a conversation piece/nostalgia item.
>
> I often lament the absence of Heathkit just because of the cost and
> hassle in acquiring serviceable test equipment for my own
> "experimentation".. I would have much preferred to be able to assemble
> my own from a kit.
>
> But then again, I remember sitting under a Christmas tree looking at the
> 1988 Heathkit holiday catalog thinking how great it was going to be when
> I was old enough to afford such things! (And I still want that darn
> robot kit and the home automation gizmos! hihi)
>
> 73, Jason N1XBP

I worked for a Heathkit retail store in the late
70's.  Brief but neat experience.

I have a bunch of Ham sale and swap web pages and
mail lists that I try to keep up to date here:
http://bibleseven.com/hl.html

I see GDO's of various manufacture posted on one of
more of those resources every few months, often in the
$15. - $45. range.

You may choose to post your interest in the Millen or
the Heath and see who replies with one they have in
the attic or garage and would love to see someone get
good use of.

There is a neat GDO site here:
http://www.n4xy.com/GDO_Lafayette.html

--