RF "sniffer" side tone generator

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Dec 19 16:09:30 EST 2006

On 19 Dec 2006 at 13:47, Keith Harvey wrote:

> Recently exchanged posts re a "side tone generator"
> that will work with boat anchors led me to offer this
> solution.

There have been many, many RF actuated "Keying Monitors"
published in many ARRL Handbooks over the years.

I distinctly remember one that used a very short antenna, was set
up in the shack anywhere you wanted it, used two transistors, and a
diode, among other components, and was wired into the audio
circuits of your receiver. In fact, I think I could almost draw the
schematic for it out of my memory.

I am sure that a search of the ARRL website would turn up several
such circuits in old QST magazines.

As soon as I can, I will post some references here.

Ken Gordon W7EKB