SB-200 Power Supply

James A. Sutherin jsutherin at FLOYDBROWNE.COM
Mon Feb 6 12:34:34 EST 2006

The above amplifier is wired for 120volt. When I was bring the power
supply up using a variac, I noticed when the input voltage was 120 the
HV on the panel meter only read about 1800volts. The power supply cap's
had been changed by the previous owner to 100uf / 450 vdc cap's. I
realize the original cap's were 125uf. 450vdc. Is there anything I
should check to see why I'm only getting 1800 vdc instead of the 2400
+/- vdc.? Would having the 100uf cap's instead of the 125uf make that
much difference?

Thanks

Jim K8DHC