FW: DX-60 / DX-40 AM Net

Craig Roberts crgrbrts at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jan 3 10:28:11 EST 2006

Hi Al,

I think a noontime net on 40M would be preferable.  Propagation is
usually decent at that time of day and the SW broadcasters don't start
encroaching until 1300 - 1400 EST (most of the time, anyway).  There's a
lot of activity on 7290 and 7295, however, so it would be polite to stay
away from those two discrete frequencies. (Guys with broadcast
transmitters are often crystal-controlled on those frequencies and can't
QSY).  Still, 40 is less crowded than 75 and almost all AMers have
antennas for 40. The same cannot be said for 75.

We also might try to establish some activity on under-utilized 20 meters.

73,

Craig
W3CRR