SB 104 problem - continued

rayfri rayfri at HIGHSTREAM.NET
Tue Jan 10 21:14:24 EST 2006

SB 104A.    Dial reads 6604.3 in 80 meter position.  Other bands work fine.
Exchanged Board D with one from sb 104....  brought back the 80 meter band.
Tried suggestions from the group:  Put original board back in and tried adjusting the oscillator coil for the 80 meter band.
No change.  Tried adjusting VFO output level.  No change...
Guess that leaves me with this suggestion from one of the group......

"You need the 80M HFO crystal, or to adjust the coil for that part.  The
xtal is 12.395MHz."

Anyone have a spare crystal from an sb 104 or sb 104A?   Or, in the alternative, a spare
HFO Board D??

Would like to get this one all fixed before deciding whether to sell it off.   I have another 104.   Maybe someone would like a 40 through 10 meter rig.  HI HI.

Ray  WA7ITZ