SB-10 Sideband Adapter Question

digital-conjurers at ADELPHIA.NET digital-conjurers at ADELPHIA.NET
Tue Jan 24 00:12:30 EST 2006

Am in the process of restoring an SB-10...and found something really wierd.

One of the 6BQ5 RF Output tubes has been left unshielded, (no can) and a 3" piece of hookup wire connected to ground, then run along the tube's length, right next to it, and taped to the chassis-mounted tube shield twist-lock socket to hold it right next to the tube.  This is either:

1. The laziest thing I have ever see someone do who lost a tube shield, or
2. Some exotic fix for some condition the SB-10 is prone to.

(I don't have an assembly manual, and the one up at BAMA is a partial,  with the comment that the contributor didn't think scanning the whole manual was "worth it".  Probably wasn't, until now. <sigh>)

Ideas, anyone?  ;)

Thanks,

Lin/KJ6EF