SB-10 Sideband Adapter Question

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Tue Jan 24 12:22:58 EST 2006

It could be previous owner had some instability on some bands in the RF
output section, and the wire to ground and in close proximity to the
tube, was used to settle it down. There were a number of hints and mods
for the SB-10 in QST,CQ, and 73. There was also an upgrade article in CQ
in 1970, and several articles to get the SB-10 to work with other rigs
and other  bands. Remove the wire and test the SB-10 on all bands for
proper operation. I would recommend replacing the carrier null pots with
5 or 10 turn devices. Makes for a smooth adjustment of carrier null and
less constant diddling with both controls to keep the carrier suppressed.

Pete, wa2cwa
www.manualman.com