GR-2000 Audio problem fixed - Thanks

John H. Klingelhoeffer WB4LNM at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 9 23:50:03 EDT 2006

Another Heathkit repaired!  I fixed the problem I wrote  about on Sunday with
the replacement of the audio demodulator IC after ruling  out other
components.  Now on to the realignment.  The picture is  actually very good (especially
considering it was built in 1979, 26 years  ago).  I'm thinking about
soldering in all of the transistors and IC's - I  never liked socketing all those
parts - too many mechanically made electrical  connections to go wrong
(especially with those Z layout IC sockets).   Thanks to those who replied.

73   John...  (One of the Hams from Heath,1979-1981)