Question on grounding (at the rig) - longish.

Michael Addaman maddaman at NC.RR.COM
Wed Jul 12 20:18:01 EDT 2006

Mel,
  I don't know if you'll get the improved transmit and received levels with
proper grounding(or bonding)you were looking for, but depending on your
modes of operation and equipment setup, you will get improved station
performance by way of eliminating or at least reducing ground loops which
can wreak havoc on equipment(especially digital modes).  As far as lightning
protection, I don't currently live in as high a lightening strike area as
Orlando, FL.(which I believe is the lightning capital of the US), but I
always go by the old adage, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of
cure".  73s