Warrior Amp

Mike w5rkl at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 17 11:18:58 EDT 2006

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:58:27 -0700, Rinkie & Ron Pollack
<rinkies at ADELPHIA.NET> wrote:

>I just picked up (and it was heavy!) a Warrior Amp "on approval."  It's a
>bit dirty, but seems to be all there with no major mods except fro 3 small
>holes drilled on the side of the cabinet.  Waiting for the manual, so I
>don't know if anything else was done.  Also has 4 new RCA 811s.  High
>voltage is ok and filaments light up on the 811s, but I'm deferring further
>tests until I get the manual.
>
>Couple questions:
>
>The chrome knobs are somewhat tarnished and maybe a bit pitted.  Any advice
>on restoring, or does anyone have a set?
>
>Any idea of value?  We haven't come to any price definitely yet, as neither
>of us know what it's worth.  A friend is selling for an SK.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Ron K2RP

Ron,

The chrome knobs can be cleaned up with Brasso but ONLY if the chrome is
completely intact and no bare aluminum is showing. Don't use brasso on bare
aluminum, it turns bare aluminum a dark color.

If you do not have a copy of the manual, I can send you a condensed copy on
the Warrior HA-10. It has the schematic and other info. It's not the
complete assembly manual but it has tune up and connecting information. The
file is 2 meg in size. Send me an email as w5rkl at yahoo.com and I can send
it to you as an attachement.

I think $300 to $350 is a good price providing the amplifier is in good
condition. Shipping is the down fall due to the weight. An addition would
of a 12VDC transfer relay and an ALC circuit would make it work with
current solid state radios. The 120VAC relay circuit is not compatible with
solid state radios. It wouldn't take much, a small 12 transformer with a
half wave rectifier circuit fed to

73's,

Mike
W5RKL