HW100 oddity?

Darryl Jones 1986944 at COMCAST.NET
Mon Jul 31 12:23:50 EDT 2006

Good morning everyone,

I don't know if anyone will know the answer, but as I'm a Heath radio (built
and owned many other Heath products) newbie, the HW100 I bought appears to
either be a late or modified kit - as the RF Gain control has an outer
switch for SSB/CW filter, which looks Heathkit - same fonts in the silk
screening, and is the same green color as the case and is *perfectly*
machined. Does anyone know if this was
an add-on
available from Heathkit at some later stage? Maybe the precursor to the 101?

Any information would be greatfully received :)

Thanks,
Darryl
W3/GW0NNB