6GH8A in place of 6EA8 in HW/SB rigs.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Wed Jun 14 13:15:40 EDT 2006

I have done a bit more testing with this sub. It does make a
considerable difference in the proper setting of the CW/MIC LEVEL
control with an identical mic.

About 1/3 open for the 6GH8A vs 3/4 to 80% open for the 6EA8.

Audio quality appears to be uneffected.

6GH8As are literally saturating the market and can be bought very
cheaply from many sources. I have a couple dozen of NIB ones I got for
around $0.10 each.

Ken W7EKB