Pricing Help

Allen Jones w9dz at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 19 10:25:55 EDT 2006

I believe you're thinking of the SB-220 and not the
'230.  The '230 uses a single 8873 which is a
conduction cooled triode. With a good tube these amps
sell in the $300 to $400 range.  The problem with this
amp is the fact that if the tube is bad you won't be
able to find a replacement at a resonable price.  In
1976 Heath sold replacement tubes for $90.  Today they
are in the $600 range according to stuff I've read on
the web.

Allen, W9DZ

http://mail.yahoo.com