OT: Morris "Improved" Coil Winding Machine

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 19 16:10:55 EDT 2006

How does the right angle gearing on the  Morris "Improved" Coil Winding
Machine work? In pictures I have seen I don't see how the gears would mesh
right and I don't see how you change the pitch etc. Are there supposed to be
rubber tires on the gears so it works as a friction drive?

Neil