HW-100 patented 'Harmonic Drive' question

Jim Flanagan jflan at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Sun Jun 25 10:30:05 EDT 2006

Hi..
      Out of curiosity, I want to look up the patent that Heath was
awarded for their drive system that
was used on their HW-100.  I don't own an HW-100 and understand that
this drive was not popular
among the ham community due to backlash, etc.  I was hoping someone
knows the patent number
that was issued back in the late 60's...  You can search for patents on
line, however the search engine
only works back to 1975 or so.  However, you can look up a patent if you
know the actual patent number issued.
Does anyone have record of the patent number?  Did Heath ever release
this information.?  I thought that maybe
the assembly manual may have stated what the patent number is, but I
don't have access to that information
either.  Please look to see if the number is printed in the manual and
forward it to me.

I appreciate your help..
Jim
WB5KYE