Green contesting

Jeff & Missy Jones mgriff at WESTELCOM.COM
Mon Jun 26 21:34:54 EDT 2006

Hi Gang, My hat is off to those who used vintage gear during F/D. I did not, but have for other contest. For the 2005  WPX, I used one of my DX- 60/HG-10/HR-10 stations (I have 3), with a Hustler 4BTV. making 125 q's on 10, 15, 20 and 40. Other events worked with vintage gear are: SKN, Classic Exchange (Sept and Feb), Feb DXCW contest. I have 15 rx's, 10 tx's, and 9 xcvr's, mostly Heath, but also Hammarlund, National, Hallicrafters, Knight, Globe (WRL), Lafayette, etc, covering HF, 6 and 2 meters.
However I spend most of my time using, the above DX 60 stations and 3 different HW-16's. I can be found on 40cw most days, at various times through out the day. Give a buzz for a rag chew. 73, Jeff  k3kyr at arrl.net