Antenna Topic...

Ed Swynar gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Thu Jun 29 07:46:39 EDT 2006

Good Morning Guys,

If you're at all into raising wire antennas into high tree limbs with a fishing rod --- and you spend endless hours (or so it seems!) looking for the doggone weight & line on the other side after your cast! --- then read on...

Yesterday I taped an old seat belt buzzer assembly out of a late 70's Camaro to a 9-volt battery, & taped the two together. I then tied my fishing line to the assembly, & used it to cast a line over a 70' high limb on my property.

WHAT A TIME SAVER!!!

The end of the line was found in a matter of seconds, thanks to the buzzing...no more searching around, feeling around, trying to see monofilament line against the sky, etc. etc. etc. The weight is just about right, too, and the buzzer assembly is rugged enough to take the bounces off the grass when it lands...

I soldered one terminal of the battery to one spade coming out of the buzzer housing, using a short wire --- I also soldered a short wire from the other battery terminal, but simply hand-twisted the other end to the other buzzer spade, to facilitate its removal once found on the ground, to silence it and to (obviously!) conserve the battery.

Try this --- you WILL like it! (BTW, I use a Zebco-33 spinacast reel here, & a rod about 6' long).

Good luck! Now you can use the time you'll save hunting for your cast weights & line on more constructive things, like getting on the air! Hi Hi

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ