My latest projects...

Scott Roberts ng19delta at YAHOO.COM
Sun Mar 12 13:04:38 EST 2006

HI Everyone-
my two latest acquisitions from e-bay have just
arrived, an SG-1 RF generator(I believe that's the
number- none on it) and an AG-10 Sine-Square
Generator. I got them for about $14 plus shipping.
Beautifully packed. Bubble wrap laid around both, some
packing peanuts thrown in for humor, and into a box.
Oh well...

The RF gen I haven'd done anything other than look at
yet. The Sine-Square gen I have partially pulled
apart, and it is a mess. The face plate looks like
someone left a drippy lead-acid battery near it: four
nice bbits of corrossion, with one all the way through
it! (Might enlarge that hole, and put a line fuse
there or something.)

Inside looks reasonable, just very dirty.  The
selector switches were gummed up, but are now moving
with relative ease. And there are a lot of odd looking
caps in this one: some have plastic shells which have
cracked open a little! Guess I will have another new
heathkit when I get done!

My IB-1100 is nearing completion- I am waiting for two
transistors, and all the IC's to arrive. Everything
else is back together, save for a few resistors. I
decided to round out the resistors with some carbon
film 1/2 watt in place of the original solid carbon
ones, due to time. I don't think they will be much of
a problem given the light use the machine will get
here, and I can always pull it apart and replace them
if I need to. The new Nixie tube arrived- this thing
will look sharp when done. ANd will be about 80% brand
new! All for about only $70 in parts... lol...

Scott

http://mail.yahoo.com