MORE HEATHKIT TRANSFORMERS

Steve Galyean sgalyean at COX.NET
Mon May 1 02:21:18 EDT 2006

I am looking for a tranformer to replace the one in my W5M amplifier.
Do you or anyone else on the list have one or know where I can find a non-
original replacement. The specs are listed below. I have to admit I am new
to the list and new to tube technology. Have been working with solid state
for the last 20+ years doing medical equipment repair. The transformer
that is currently in the amp is only 800VCT. My grandfather built this amp
a long time ago and I inherited it in 1980 when he died. I have been
storing it all of these years and now would like to get it working right.
With a 16ohm load it starts clipping at about 17watts and should put out
about twice that. Anyway, thats my story and I am happy to have found this
list.

HEATH W5M POWER TRANSFORMER P/N 54-32
PR) 117 VAC 60 HZ 1 PH

S1) 900 VCT @ 140 MA CCS