PS-3 Question

rfb100 rfb100 at COX.NET
Mon May 1 10:44:00 EDT 2006

Hi Group  --  Recently I acquired a PS-3 regulated power supply to use
as a B+ source on various projects.  The unit obviously had not been
used in many years but was in basically good shape.  I recapped, checked
the tubes, and all seemed in order.  I turned it on and all seemed well
except that some components seemed to be running hot.  On closer
examination this appeared to be an old problem since overheating
evidence was present.  I checked resistors, wiring, etc., and can't find
why.  The original manual, which came with it from about 1957, has a
schematic and parts list, but oddly, no voltages are given on the
schematic or anywhere else.  Does anyone happen to have something that
shows what voltages are supposed to be on this unit?  It may be obvious
to some but not to me.  Thanks.  Dick Bidwell