SB-301 PS Filter Cap

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 2 14:57:49 EDT 2006

It is much cheaper just to go with the individual
capacitors under the chassis than it is to purchase a
"restuffed" capacitor.  Also, I have run into problems
occasionally when "restuffing" capacitors in that it
is harder to eliminate hum (because of the longer
leads required when restuffing the old containers).
Thus, I just put the much smaller in physical size new
capacitors under the chassis and, if it is desired to
retain the "look" of the original, just leave the old
can in place but removed electrically from the
circuit.

Glen, K9STH

--- Allen Jones <w9dz at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

Is there a source for the multisection filter cap in
the SB-301 or is replacement with individual caps the
only solution?  I've seen where some guys actually
remove the guts from the old cap and mount new
individual caps inside the old shell.

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth