Heathkit DX-40 paint

Tom Buchanan tlbuch at SCRTC.COM
Mon May 29 11:42:27 EDT 2006

Hello,

Last year I got a rough Heathkit DX-40 at a hamfest for my first attempt at
a restoration on a boat anchor.  After checking tubes, replacing wiring,
electrolytics, etc. it is in good condition electronically.  I put a better
front panel on it and now all that is left is the cabinet.  I have read many
of the suggestions on painting heathkits on the list which has been a
tremendous help.

In an attempt to get the wrinkle finish I may spray on stone textured paint
after a coat of gray primer.  Also the climate here can be hot and humid in
the summer so cooking the paint (for wrinkling) outdoors shouldn't be a
problem either.  I have been unable to find a matching gray spray paint.  I
can get a computer matched brush on paint, but I am concerned that brushing
on paint may leave brush marks if used.  Any suggestions?

Thank you & 73,

Tom

KG4KGY