SB-104A Microphone recommendations

Stu Lyon s.d.lyon at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Nov 2 23:07:24 EST 2006

Greg,

The D104 is a good suggestion for any of the Heathkit tube
transmitters including DX-100 through SB-102. All have a
high Zin which does not overload the D104 crystal element or
destroy its low freq response.

The plot thickens when we start talking about the SB-104.
The SB-104 *probably* has a lowZ transistorized input which
WILL overload the D104 unless there is some kind of an
impedance matcher. Astatic solved for the CB market by
adding an amplifier in the stand which was called a T-UG8 stand.

A D104 *with* the T-UG8 amplifier will match both the tube
and transistorized rigs.

73, Stu W6CUX

--- "mailbox at bowser.com" <greg at BOWSER.COM> wrote:

I am looking for a desk mic for my SB-104A transceiver
and I was just looking for suggestions from others as
to what they are using.

It is hard to beat the old D-104.

Glen, K9STH