Cantenna Problems

Gary H. Harmon Jr. gharmon at IDWORLD.NET
Fri Oct 6 20:47:31 EDT 2006

I have soldered several back together and they hold just fine.

gary

=========////////==========
Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK
6003 Archwood
San Antonio, TX 78239-1504
210.884.6926 - Cell

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List [mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]
On Behalf Of dale
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 2:08 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Cantenna Problems

The small clamps that hold the resistor on the top and
bottom split. Has anybody experienced this and what
was your fix. I am leaning towards either stainless
steel gear type hose clamps or thin copper. Last time
used it didn't load up right so it got pushed off to
the side. The resistor reads close to 48 ohms so its
within specs. I built this in the late sixties or
early 70's.

   73

Dale KG4KZG

http://mail.yahoo.com