AC cord replacement

Don Melcher don at HFRADIO.COM
Fri Oct 13 17:22:56 EDT 2006

I am replacing the line cord on my NC-173. There are 2 .01 @ 600V caps from
the neutral side of the power transformer to the chassis. Seems to me that
those are no longer needed with a 3 wire ground cord with the ground
connected to the chassis and it might even be a good idea to remove them.

I also seem to remember an article somewhere about replacing the cord on a
DX-100 and or TX1 with a 3 wire cord. I need to do those too as well as my
RX-1, HT32 and SX-101. Not rocket science but why re-invent the wheel.
Anybody have a link to that or know where it was.

Thanks

Don
W6CZ

At least I won't be using the kerosene heaters in the garage as much this
winter! :>)