Heathkit SB200 power supply upgrade boards

Mike Bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sun Sep 17 13:12:47 EDT 2006

Well...

I've been working on a new project, a upgrade power supply for the
heathkit sb200 amplifier

I have the artwork done and will be making a few prototypes in the
coming weeks

PCB will be double sided with plated through holes. Silk screened and
solder masked on both sides

production boards will be .093 thick. prototypes will be .062 thick.

Upgrades include:

Flameproof resistors, increased from 7W to 10 watts
DIodes rated at 3 amp at 1000V
1% resistors at 5W for metering circuits
on board voltage divider for high voltage metering (removes the
resistors used off board on the original)

Will accept up to 470mF at 450V caps
will more than likely use 150mF at 450V for production units.

It's big board, 7 by 5 inches and looks like a major project to
install correctly. Requires a teardown of the amplifier to get to and
remove/install the old and new board

So, that's the poop!

Anyone interested? If not, perhaps the project will go on the back
burner..

Costs??

That depends on the final cost of the pcb and the capacitors used.

right now, I have the Drake L7 upgrade that goes for $100.

I think the SB200 upgrade will be around that price too. Final price
will have to be determined

so, again... any interest?

mike...

Mike, WB8VGE