SB-104A/SB-604 power cable max length?

Mel Vance N7OKL icra at GALAXYNET.COM
Mon Sep 18 14:15:40 EDT 2006

Have an SB-104A with the SB-604 power supply....

Currently, the power cable is just long enough to reach when the two are side by
side.

Would like to make it longer as I do not have room on the radio bench for them to
sit side by side.

Would like to make the cable about 4 feet long to allow for the power supply to sit
on the floor and reach the rig on the middle shelf on my radio bench....

Is this too long?

Had a buddy tell me that the cable needs to be as short as possible or the rig will
not get proper power levels....

Mel
N7OKL