Cantenna contents

rayfri rayfri at HIGHSTREAM.NET
Fri Sep 22 20:27:04 EDT 2006

I recall that there was a discussion here a while back about what can
and can't be used in a Heathkit Cantenna .... as well as
what has been used.  However, I dont recall if anyone ever said they had
tried or thought of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Olive Oil is not flammable and I am wondering what others think of that
as a possibility instead of Mineral Oil.    Mineral Oil
is rather on the expensive side if you buy a gallon at the drug store
....  but a gallon of olive oil wouldnt be that expensive.

I just got a Cantenna and am ready to fill it, but am trying to see what
the alternatives are to transformer oil and mineral oil.
I cant remember what others here had said they are or had used.....

Ray   WA7ITZ