I need to rebuild an HP-23

Ed Lambert ma.locksmith at JUNO.COM
Tue Sep 26 16:57:26 EDT 2006

First, it's the raw 23, not one of the later models.

And, it's been through the wringer with a previous owner....  or owners.

I was helping another with his HP-23 problem and had to open the one I
have here.  When I did, I saw a number of things that needed attention.

Someone had removed the line cord with the glass fuses and substituted a
three wire cord....  that's the only good thing.  In doing so, they put
in a circuit breaker, unfortunately it's 7 Amp instead of the 3 or 4 that
should be there.  Then the "octal" connector for output is really 8
pin...  not the 11 as shown.

So, as I start the disassembly process and get to removing the
transformer, I find the number on it is 54-109 and the manual says
54-143.

Can anyone tell me from what the 109 comes?  I'm going to have a lot of
work to make this reasonable again

Ed
K1ZOK

.