SB-401 CW issue

NI5L archer at AZNEX.NET
Thu Apr 12 16:03:33 EDT 2007

Hello, all. My SB-401 has a very odd problem that eludes me.

 When in "USB", "LSB" or "TUNE", the xmtr works properly.

 When put into "CW" mode, I get partial, 5 watts or so, RF output and a
continuous tone that is not the CW sidetone. I am able to key it and get
full output.

 The problem occurs whether in locked or unlocked mode.

 Initially I thought the VOX circuit was the culprit because the relay
would cycle in and out with the anti-VOX control anywhere but full CCW.
Now it just stays on continuously when in CW mode. The VOX operates
normally when I am on SSB

 Any ideas? I am stumped.

73 de NI5L
ni5l.com