source for CA3161 (or NTE2032)

Alex [Temple-Heath List] temple.heath1 at MIWWW.COM
Sat Apr 14 16:00:04 EDT 2007

Apologies for the off-topic, but by any chance does anyone know a
reliable source for one or maybe two pieces of this IC? Mouser and
Digikey don't have them in stock, and I couldn't find any other
reputable sources. It is a 7-segment LED constant current display
driver that uses a common anode display.

I bought two CA3161E's about a year ago from Futurlec.com, but never
got to use them until today. How do you like this? BOTH units are
bad, right out of the protective anti-static tube. They must have
sold me junk, no other explanation as they where stored properly and
well protected. I was also very careful handling the chips (I do
handle chips more delicate than these almost on a daily basis) and
checked out everything before plugging them into the circuit (a
digital voltmeter).

Anyway, please let me know if you might have one, or know where to
order them without having to buy a truckload. Thanks.

-Alex