Faceplate Ink

Dave w8qwdave at PEOPLEPC.COM
Mon Apr 23 10:41:10 EDT 2007

About a week ago I opened discussion on both reflectors with a question regarding removal of ink marked on the faceplate of an SB-401 transmitter.  The previous owner had put it there to mark the final tank tune position for the various bands, 80 - 10 meters.

I took each recommendation to heart and tried many of them, save sandblasting the whole thing and starting over with a new silkscreen.  Unfortunately it appears as if the ink may have somehow bonded with the paint and it appears that to remove one is to remove both, so actually, the sandblasting and re-screening the faceplate idea may be the only real way out - an option I'm not ready to use just yet.

But I wanted to report back to everyone and to thank everyone for their many ideas and the time each took to think the question over and respond. It was all very much appreciated.

73's

Dave, W8QW

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet