Smallest Dual-6146 HF Transmitter?

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Aug 23 10:05:16 EDT 2007

Doc -

I think you might better understand the difficulty of your search if you
keep in mind that a "100 W"  _AM_  transmitter is the equivalent of a
400 W SSB transmitter in terms of power supply and size.

This is why the DX-100 - Viking II class transmitter is so heavy and
big, compared to a 100W SSB rig.  Even the Ranger is the equivalent of a
250 W SSB transmitter.  They've been at it a long time, but no one has
yet found a way to miniaturize the Watt!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>