Smallest Dual-6146 HF Transmitter?

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Thu Aug 23 21:34:22 EDT 2007

The modulator we have here for the project is the same
design as those used with the Valiant and the Viking,
dual 807's delivering about 50 watts via a Stancor
A-3893 modulation transformer.

I am not sure of the efficiency of the audio side -
the modulator - between its input and output ... so
long as it delivers at least 50W across the dual 6146
plates I will have high-level AM plate modulation!

The planned input power of the dual 6146's would be
about 100 watts Class-C.

Once I find a way to get the pieces together then it
should make for a solid signal with real solid modulation
and a carrier to eliminate noise in-between voice peaks -
sorta like listening to someone in a quiet living room.

Aaaaaaahhhhh.  Nothing like it.  :-)

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html