TELL YOUR STORY-EVERYONE HAS A STORY!!

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at MSN.COM
Sat Aug 25 17:51:06 EDT 2007

It is true that the younger kids havent experienced these wonderful things.  They don't know what it's like to get belted with a dose of HV and their eyes glowing from it, havent felt the warmth of a ham shack warmed by filaments at 2 a.m., havent balanced precariously on a tower or a roof top stringing up a length of copper wire or an antenna made out of soldered together sections of zip cord.

The sad thing is, many of them arent interested.  Some are, but they are in the minority.  It's the same kind of reaction that they give when dad or grampa start out with "WHEN I was a kid, I used to walk a mile to and from school, uphill both ways".    The eyes glaze over and you can tell they are thinking about Brittney Spears and who the daddy is of her latest kid.  HI HI

Ray  WA7ITZ

----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob W5UQ<mailto:W5EUQ at VERIZON.NET>
  To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:23 AM
  Subject: Re: TELL YOUR STORY-EVERYONE HAS A STORY!!

  I know there are many other stories out there... do you "old guys"
  realize how the younger, in some cases not too much younger, HAMS have
  not experienced these things?

  TELL YOUR STORY... EVERYONE HAS A STORY!!!

  The hams who have not experienced the "tube days" and some of the things
  we have experienced really enjoy reading about these stories.  SO TELL
  YOUR STORY.
  Bob W5UQ Tampa