[FLBOATANCHORS] Smallest Dual-6146 HF Transmitter?

Goss, Ed Ed.Goss at JHUAPL.EDU
Mon Aug 27 15:39:31 EDT 2007

Don't know if this one meets your requirements for AM, but the Kenwood
T-599D is a beautiful, rugged, and under-appreciated transmitter. Uses
dual Japanese version 6146 tubes in the final (T2000 I think) but
regular 6146s may be substituted.  Fairly small and well designed, with
the only other tube being the driver. Can be had very cheaply ($150 to
$200 range).
--N3CW--

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of ] Larry Watson
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 1:17 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] [FLBOATANCHORS] Smallest Dual-6146 HF
Transmitter?

The smallest 6146 transmitter I have seen is one made by Gonset,  the
Commander back in the 50's.  However, it was only a single ended  6146.
Very small rig, however.  Plate modulated.

Larry       AG5Y

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new
AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour