Heath Pawnee Alignment Question

Doug & Kathy Davies dkdavies at TELUS.NET
Tue Dec 11 14:37:13 EST 2007

I finally have my restored Pawnee working and now I need to align it.  In reading the manual for the VFO alignment procedure, it lists two possible methods.  One is to use a set of crystals, which I don't have.  The other calls for the use of a frequency meter.  I don't have one of these either and I'm not really sure what it is.  I do have a URM/25D signal generator and a good frequency counter.  Could these be substituted for this application?  If  I'm reading the instructions correctly, all I need is a signal to beat against the VFO signal in the receiver.  Once the frequency is determined with the counter, the signal from the 25D should accomplish this.  Am I on the right track or will I need different equipment?

Doug  VE7DRF