Cable Ties

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 28 13:10:19 EST 2007

After making some ties per my original post, I found
some at Home Depot that were 8 inches long and came 50
to a package for $4.99.  25 of the ties are gray and
25 are black.  They are not as heavy material as those
I was making.  However, they work fine in most
applications and are definitely cheaper than those
that I was making.

I understand that the same type are available at
Lowe's but the price is $5.99 for 50.

If you need ones longer than 8 inches I have not found
any readily available and therefore making your own is
a definite solution.

Someone mentioned that they found packages of 8 cable
ties at one of the "dollar" stores.  However, that may
have been on a different reflector.

Glen, K9STH

--- KEN BAKHAUS <bakken at CENTURYTEL.NET> wrote:

A few weeks ago there was some discussion
regardingcable ties and how to make some using velcro.
I wassure at the time that I had seen such a thing at
theDollar Tree dollar store. I don't get to such a
storeoften but made it during the Xmas shopping
season. Mymemory served me correctly and I picked a
pkg w/8 ties.Pictures of the pkg can be viewed at:
http://home.centurytel.net/bakken/cable ties I don't
rember any body noting these were available inthe last
discussion.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

Be a better friend, newshound, and