Arc-5 B.C. Band query

Roy Morgan roy.morgan at NIST.GOV
Tue Feb 20 15:53:21 EST 2007

At 10:18 AM 2/20/2007, FRED HOLNAGEL wrote:
>Dear list. I have a much hacked up ARC-5 broadcast band receiver,....Has
>anyone tried using the R.F. coils and I.F. cans in a lower or nexr higher
>band radio?

Yes.  This works for the upper band radios, and may work with the low band
one, but I am not sure. Others on the list will know.

If you have a set of coils for the 3-6 mc radio and put them in a radio
built to run 6-9 mc., I believe that it will work (presumably with an
alignment).

I await more knowledgeable answers.  (If no one on this list knows, then we
ask on the ARC-5 list!)

Roy

- Roy Morgan, K1LKY since 1959 - Keep 'em Glowing
13033 Downey Mill Road, Lovettsville, VA 20180
Phone 540-822-5911   Cell 301-928-7794
Work: Voice: 301-975-3254,  Fax: 301-975-6097
roy.morgan at nist.gov --