Power Supply Differences

Michael Waldrop w5rkl at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 28 15:10:38 EST 2007

The differences between the PS-23 and the HP-23's are as follows:

The HP-23B and the PS-23 only have 12VAC for filaments. The HP-23B
and the PS-23 only had -130VDC fixed bias; no adjustable bias.

The HP-23A has both 6 AND 12VAC filament. The HP-23A also had a
fixed -130VDC bias plus an adjustable -40 to -80VDC bias.

An HP-23B is basically the same as a PS-23.

I'm not sure but I believe the HP-23B did not have the toggle switch
selectable low voltage (250 or 300VDC) output. I believe the building
determined the low voltage output level when assembling the supply.

All of the power supplies will run on 120 or 240VAC by rewiring
the power transformer's primary windings.

The following website has schematics for the HP-23A, HP-23B and PS-23
power supplies:

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/heath/

73's
Mike