SB-201 no plate, high grid

Jan Ditzian ditzian at ALLTEL.NET
Fri Jan 5 07:09:03 EST 2007

I have an SB-201 that I am trying to resurrect.  I just replaced a blown
(no filament) 572B tube with a new one, and I replaced some burned
components at the socket of one of the tubes.  When I turn it on the
tubes light and I see high voltage in the HV position.  The T/R relay
operates.  However, with the exciter set to no drive, dummy load in
line, when I go to transmit there is no resting plate current and the
meter pins in grid position.  I only operated the T/R switch a few
times, for about a second each time, but I do not want to do this again
until I understand what might be happening.

Can someone give me guidance about what I should look for as the
problem?  It may still be something at the tube sockets, but I would
appreciate a voice of experience telling me what to look for next.

Thank you,

Jan, KX2A