QM-1

Domenic M. Mallozzi DMallozzi at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 13 14:44:44 EDT 2007

Hi

Terry Perdue in 2001 had posted that his coil was marked as  follows:
L=250 uH
Ce=96 pf(mmf)
Q=110

Everyones coil will be a bit different as I remember

Typical Q standards are built and than measured by a calibration lab. The
cal lab than states the typical parameters L, Q and resonating  capacitance.

I previously worked doing this at a cal lab and can tell you that a  properly
built Q Standard like the Boonton, and HP units are very stable  over time. I
cant comment on the Heath ones as I have never seen one. My Q meter  came
without one but I checked it with a Boonton standard.

Just a note connect the Q standard directly to the Q meter terminals,  DO NOT
USE test leads, no matter how short, the Q and probably the resonating
capacitance will be off.

regards

Dom
N1DM