SB-200 issues - balanced finals.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Jun 7 18:02:36 EDT 2007

A list member sent me some Cetron 572B pulls, one of which I
installed in place of that one which I had determined was not
carrying its fair share of the load.

All previous problems I had with loading, etc., are now gone, and it
appears that I have full power output.

An interesting find: the filaments in the Cetron are exactly the same
color and brightness as my one good original tube (which, by the
way, is a Chinese-made, PentaLabs-branded job).

The filament in the flat tube was at least twice the brightness of the
two good tubes, suggesting to me that only one-half the filament
was actually lighting and taking the entire 6.3 VAC to do it. It was a
very bright white, while the other two have a much more dull-yellow
tinge.

In any case, I have taken a large step forward in finalizing the
operation of my "new" SB-200, thanks to youse guys.

So, I now have two good tubes installed, one a PentaLabs, and one
an old Cetron pull. Power output and tuning are completely normal.

Guess I'll put it back in the box and use it for a while.

Ken Gordon W7EKB